Please submit your application. Background check required.
We might not be hiring now, but we will keep your application on file when openings become available.
Barrington’s newest Escape Room, Xscape in Time, is seeking enthusiastic individuals as “Game Masters” to monitor and guide 1-hour game experiences at our Barrington, IL location. We are also looking for qualified applicants for a general manager and shift managers.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! We are only hiring part-time employees right now.
- This has been called the World’s Coolest Job! You will educate our customers on how it all works. You will inform them of their objectives while in the room. You will work in a control room and watch the guests while on their journey to escape! You will be their guide when they stumble and offer them hints if needed. You will then reset the Escape Room for the next group of guests.
- You must be fun and enthusiastic as you are a big part of the whole guest experience from beginning to end. A positive attitude with basic problem-solving skills is a must!
- Prior to applying for this position, you must first familiarize yourself with the concept of Escape Rooms and the worldwide phenomenon of that is spreading fast across the US. Escape Rooms stimulate the mind, your sense of curiosity and your ability to work with others to escape.
- All positions start with an hourly rate of $12-$14, commensurate with experience.
- If on one hand, you like video games, playing chess and solving puzzles/riddles, while on the other hand, you like designing, building and/or fixing things, you have found the perfect job!
THIS JOB REQUIRES YOU TO:
- Remotely view and monitor games in progress and assist participants
- Answer phones and provide customer service
- Professional, polished and well-spoken
- Hands-on and handy with tools and gadgets
- Game or puzzle-minded
- Creative thinker
- Flexible with regards to work schedule – must be available for nights and weekends.
THIS JOB REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
- Retail, amusement, gameplay or hospitality experience.
- Experience in a job that required you to be handy and fix things that break.
- Comfortable engaging with both small and large groups of people.
- Public Speaking experiences a plus!
- We’ll teach you the rest!
Once the facility is first opened it will be a “soft open” and will have hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
If the form below isn’t viewable please use this link: https://forms.gle/PDvg6EPfJAZSxitN9